ECM & Immobilizer Programming
Nissan & Infinity
Newer | 2016+ Nissan Altima, 2017+ Rogue …
- Used ECM cannot be programmed (Autel, XTool, Consult …)
- Key can be programmed though.
📝 ECM Replacement and Key Programming | 2013 Nissan NV3500
- P1612 ECU-IMM Chain
- P1611 ID Discord, IMMU-ECM
- P1610 Lock Mode
- P16xx Key Difference
- Read ID from BCM label
- Go to Autel ➱ NATS menu. It will say Pin Read, but it reads ID only.
- If Autel doesn’t read, take BCM off and read ID code according to ICC calculator.
- Use ICC to calculate pin code. Go to Autel ➱ NATS ➱ C/U Initialization.
- Enter Pin code given by ICC
- After it finished successfully, turn off ignition for at least 5 seconds.
- 📎 No Start | Bad Steering Lock | 2009 Nissan Altima with Intelligent key
- Autel (no pin required)
- 2009 G37
Key Programming Notes
- 2007 Pathfinder (Autel)
- 2009 Infinity G37 (Autel)
- 2010 Rogue (Autel)
- 2015, 2017 Rogue (XTool)
📝 P1614 | Bad Antenna | 2004 Infinity G35
- ECM code P1614 IMMO-CHAIN. After key programming starts ~ 3 times and then doesn’t.
- During key programming light should blink 5 times. It didn’t. Had bad antenna. Other used antenna with little different part number didn’t work.
- If key is not registered, it should set P1611 – NATS ID DISCORD, IMM-PCM.
- When used ECM was installed, with key that was already programmed in ECM, but not BCM, vehicle started no problem. It did set P1614 code though.
- Seems like P1614 is set when key is not read or when ECM & BCM are from different cars.
- Antenna testing
- 📝 Key Programming | 2007 G35
- Xtool. Use release steering lock function to open ignition.
- Then go to key programming, type2
- 📝 Smart Key Programming | 2016, 2017 Rogue, 2017 Murano
- Smart Keys can be programmed using Xtool (20 pin -> Type 2), maybe Autel.
- Aftermarket keys didn’t work.