Hill Start Assist Activation/ Deactivation
If Hill-Start Assist light is on and ABS module has no codes, Hill-Start Assist System might be deactivated.
Try re-activating Hill-Start Assist again.
2015 Subaru Crosstrek, 2015 Forester, 2017 WRX, etc…
- Set parking brake.
- Restart the engine.
- Only brake light should be illuminated.
- Press VDC OFF button (VDC light will illuminate) and hold it until VDC OFF light turns off (~30sec)
- Within 5 seconds after it turned off, release the switch.
- Within 2 seconds of releasing the switch, press it again.
- Hill-Start Assist should be re-activated. Cycle the ignition.