What is a Delivery (Test) Mode on Subaru?
Normally, as a driver, you don’t need to worry about delivery mode (test mode) on Subaru vehicle. It’s usually required for a very few diagnostic procedures.
What is Test Mode Used For?
- Flashing ECM (some)
- 📝 Some Subaru, for programming, besides green test connector also require additional nearby diagnostic connector to be connected for a successful reflashing, otherwise it might throw an error “rewrite voltage too low”.
- Writing VIN into a brand new ECM
- If you don’t put a delivery fuse in, write function might fail. (e.g. 16 Subaru Sti)
- Testing EVAP System (e.g. 2000 Forester)
How do I know if my Subaru is in Test Mode?
- Fans cycle on/off repeatedly
- Fuel Pump cycles on/off repeatedly
- Check Engine Light flashes
- ECM might have no stored/present codes or,
- ECM might weird codes
- Cruise Control Light flashes
- Relays are clicking